Who We Are
The Balch Springs Library and Learning Center is located at 12450 Elam Rd. in Dallas County. The library provides free services to all residents within the State of Texas.
The library holds over 26,000 items that include over 25,000 books, and over 1,500 audio visual material. Audio visual material available for check-out are books on tape, DVD's, VHS's and music CD's.
The Balch Springs Library and Learning Center opened its doors in April of 2006 and since that time has had over 100,000 visitors to the facility. The library has a classroom, conference room, and auditorium available for use by the public.
Our friendly and professional staff is eager to serve you. Welcome to the Balch Springs Library and Learning Center!
The Balch Springs Public Library & Learning Center is the gateway to learning in our community by providing educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs to the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming and respectful.
- To serve all residents in the community and the surrounding region.
- To acquire and provide to all residence of the community of Balch Springs a wide assortment of books, periodicals, audio visual and general learning material that reflects the diverse cultural needs of the community.
- To acquire and provide as many requested materials as possible upon demand to be used locally.
- To offer support and instruction to the public in the use of all library materials including computer resources and to offer training on these materials and resources.
- To strive consistently to discover new methods and improvements for better services for the library’s patrons and to offer the most up-to-date resources available for the patrons through the library.
- To increase library programs and participation for all ages.
- To provide bi-lingual support to meet the cultural needs of the community.
- To increase the hours of operation to serve those who are not able to come to the library with current library hours.
- To maintain a leading edge on technological advances of the future and to implement them in the library and learning center.
- To provide and active children’s program that will foster a love of learning and reading in the children of our community.
- To start and maintain a core genealogy collection and display with historical Balch Springs as the content along with quality material used in genealogy research.
- To develop and devote a section of the library aimed at teen readers and to promote this area to the public.
- To purchase additional shelving for the children’s area in order to make room for more books
- To offer classes that meet the needs of the community.
- To regularly review these goals of the Balch Springs Public Library and, if necessary, to revise them with consideration of new developments.